Program and Events Associate
Work Location: Washington, D.C.
Salary Range: $40,000 - $55,000 / commensurate with experience
Job Type: Associate
Position Reports to: Vice President, External Relations
About the Energy Storage Association
The Energy Storage Association (ESA) is the national trade association dedicated to energy storage, working toward a more resilient, efficient, sustainable and affordable electricity grid – as is uniquely enabled by energy storage. With more than 170 members, ESA represents a diverse group of companies, including independent power producers, electric utilities, energy service companies, financiers, insurers, law firms, installers, manufacturers, component suppliers and integrators involved in deploying energy storage systems around the globe.
About the Position
This role provides an outstanding opportunity for a highly-motivated early-career professional to work in one of the fastest growing sectors of the energy industry, at the early stages of an expanding organization. Reporting to the organization’s Vice President of External Relations, the Program and Events Associate will assist with the planning and delivery of ESA’s growing educational and programming portfolio. The Associate will work collaboratively with other members of the organization and with third-party vendors to seamlessly execute the programming and events. The individual will also provide operational support to the External Relations department, helping to prepare and disseminate marketing and communications materials for various industry audiences.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Identify, coordinate, and manage multiple speakers per event for organization’s conferences, webinars, seminars, and forums
- Execute weekly webinar programming, to include coordination of the speakers and technical rehearsals, creation of presentations and scripts, and administration of the platform
- Attend briefings and other events as directed and prepare short summaries
- Provide logistical planning support on three annual events
- Create the necessary run of show documents and all other key session procedural documents
- Assist in updating and maintaining the event websites and conference mobile app
- Prepare and transmit mass communications pertaining to the events
- Respond to client and industry stakeholder questions
- Prepare deliverables such as weekly tracking reports
- Coordinate with external third-party vendors
- Finalize post-meeting close-out tasks, such as post-event analyses and reports
Operational and Administrative Support
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of the organization’s two monthly newsletters and ad hoc mass communications campaigns
- Assist with the collection and processing of invoices related to program and event delivery platforms
- Maintain a calendar of industry events
- Monitor institutional email accounts and facilitate responses as needed
- Research and recommend vendors as needed
- Execute special projects as required
- Perform administrative tasks as requested
Education and/or Experience
ESA is seeking qualified applicants possessing a combination of education and experience enabling them to successfully perform the responsibilities of the position.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited college/university
Minimum of one (1) year of experience in the energy industry or in a nonprofit/trade association environment
Minimum of one (1) year of direct event planning experience
- Demonstrated proficiency using technology to organize and execute projects; experience using database (iMIS preferred), spreadsheet, and word processing software (e.g. MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated ability to operate under stringent timelines and (re)prioritize as needed
- Demonstrated track record of successful task or project management
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work independently
- Ability to work collaboratively within a small team
- Familiarity with abstract / speaker management platforms (e.g. Cadmium)
- Proficiency in website management (e.g. WordPress)
- Proficiency in email marketing and marketing automation technology
- Experience in an association or nonprofit environment highly desirable
- Direct experience in the energy storage industry
ESA is metro accessible and provides a generous benefit package.
To learn more, visit energystorage.org.
ESA is an Equal Opportunity Employer